West Tisbury Guide

West Tisbury

West Tisbury, first settled in 1669 and officially incorporated in 1892, it is the last of the towns to be incorporated on Martha’s Vineyard.  Apart from a lack of fishing harbor, West Tisbury has all the characteristics of a traditional New England village. A small post office, stone walls, an old mill, farmer’s markets, and a traditional Agricultural fair.

Known for its rolling landscape and peaceful neighborhoods, West Tisbury is home to the famous Alley’s General Store, the Field Gallery, the Polly Hill Arboretum, Lambert’s Cove Beach, and Long Point wildlife Refuge.